As you may or may not have heard, Matt and the Beer Dabbler crew are set to launch a new bimonthly craft beer/lifestyle magazine called The Growler. On Thursday, they’ll celebrate sending 20,000 copies to press with a party at Amsterdam in St. Paul. They’ll be giving away Growler pint glasses to the first 250 guests and plan to fill said glasses with great beer… no surprise. It’ll also be your first official, legit chance to try Minnesota’s newest Brewery, Badger Hill. There will also be a firkin from Boom Island, Fytenburg Grand Cru (Tod’s wedding beer) and something special from Crispin. To tie things together, there will be free live music from Big Trouble & Silverback Colony, Beer Dabbler ticket giveaways and of course, your first chance to grab a copy of The Growler.
Music starts at 5:30, Beer Tapped at 6:00.
The Growler is a bi-monthly magazine focusing on craft beer and the community and culture surrounding it. Published by The Beer Dabbler—producers of craft beer sampling events in and around the Twin Cities since 2008—this magazine will have an initial distribution of more than 300 outlets across the Twin Cities at establishments such as local beer stores, restaurants and bars. This complimentary magazine will be published every two months with a mission to educate and entertain a wide spectrum of craft beer drinkers.
In addition to feature stories, regular columns, an events calendar, and brewer profiles, this collectible digest will also highlight the latest news about the craft beer industry in Minnesota and beyond. The premiere issue will offer a unique look at pairing outdoor adventures and northern Minnesota breweries, a glance back at the pint law a year after its signing, and an engaging interview with Jacquie Berglund (philanthropist and founder of Finnegan’s) about her work with The Emergency Food Shelf Network’s Harvest for the Hungry program and Finnegans’ Mission of “Turning beer into food.”
The Growler will also feature:
- Restaurant Reviews from Heavy Table
- Interviews and Biographical content about members of the craft beer community
- Recipes from Dinner on the Farm
- Bicycling to your beer
- Event calendars and featured Twin Cities happenings
- Brewer’s Corner—homebrew wisdom from the Folks at Northern Brewer
- Behind-the-scenes peeks at where your beer comes from
- Beer Reviews from: The Ale Jail, Thomas Liquors, Zipp’s Liquor, Surdyk’s & Four Firkins
- Local artist profiles
- Craft beer comics including Louie the Loon’s pub reviews
- Music editorial from the Midwest Beer Collective
- Hand-illustrated cover art from local artist Dave Witt
The Growler Magazine is an independently-owned and operated organization whose mission is to expand and promote the craft beer community through education, entertainment, and community events. For more information, sign-up for our email list at growlermag.com