There is only a week until registration opens for the 2009 Upper Mississippi Mash-out. Here a preliminary schedule of events and a few of the rule changes this year.
- There is no limit on the number of meads you can enter in the individual categories as long as they are different.
- There is no limit on the number of ciders you can enter in the individual categories as long as they are different
- There is no limit on the number of Eis Anything you can enter in the individual categories as long as they are different.
For more information visit http://www.mashout.org/
- Dec 29 2008 – registration for all entries, volunteer sign-up and banquet ticket begin
- Dec 29 2008 – Jan. 10 2009, entries accepted
Schedule of events
Friday January 23
8:00-9:30 am – Setup and Registration
9:30-noon – Judging Session 1
noon-1:30 pm – Lunch for Volunteers – Kirby Nelson of Capital Brewery talk
1:30-4:00 pm – Judging Session 2
4:00-6:00 pm – Judging Session 3
6:00-7:00 pm – Dinner for Volunteers
7:00-9:00 pm – Judging Session 4
9:00-midnight – Indoor Pub Crawl; Kirby Nelson will introduce some beers he brought pre-crawl
Saturday January 24
8:00-9:00 AM – Breakfast for Volunteers
9:00-11:30am – Judging Session 5
11:30 AM-12:30 pm – Lunch for Volunteers – Seminar – TBD
12:30-3:00 pm – Judging Session 6
4:00-6:00 pm – Specialized Mead training
(4:00-5:00 pm – Best of Show Judging (Closed to Public))
6:00-7:30 pm – German Theme Beer Banquet
7:30-9:00 pm – Awards Presentation
Additional judging sessions may be added on Thursday January 22nd as needed.
Volunteer sign-up is first come first serve, so if you plan on helping out sign-up early to reserve you spot to judge or steward.
We will also be organizing a “beds for judges” program again this year. If you need somewhere to say send and email to email@example.com and we will work on finding you a place to stay.