Hopefully everyone had a wonderful time yesterday atAutumn Brew Review. I certainly did. Good beer, good friends, good music, good people… Thank you to everyone who stopped to introduce themselves and say hello. Thanks also to the Guild for mentioning MNBeer.com in the program – that was a welcomed surprise!
And now, a few random thoughts:
- The VIP hour was entirely worthwhile.
- Brau Brothers Brewing! Not only are they going to be bottling beer, but they’ve finally got a website!
- Breckenridge Brewery didn’t show. That’s two years in a row for those of you keeping track at home. If they sign up next year, I’m bringing a keg of my worst homebrew to serve in their place. Generally speaking, I like their beer, but c’mon… show up!
- I knew Boulevard was getting big, but hiring a beer server in a short-cropped tight t-shirt seems a little more like something you’d see from the BMC crowd.
- There were gallons upon gallons of good beer on tap. A few of my favorites included White Winter Winery’s Cyser & Blueberry Mead, Surly’s Darkness, Town Hall’s Thunderstorm & Twisted Reality, Fitger’s Cherry Batch, Wheatwine and Daisy Ale 8 and Schell’s cask Pale Ale and probably a bunch of others that I’m forgetting right now.