Lots of stuff is happening this week in conjunction with the National Homebrewers Conference in town this week. Here’s one more, in case you missed it.
Taste of Newport at the Happy Gnome | St. Paul, MN
June 15, 2010 | 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Join Rogue Ales Brewmaster, John “more hops” Maier, at The Happy Gnome for a Taste of Newport, Oregon
The beers on tap include:
* Chatoe Rogue Oregasmic, a special debut keg brewed with hops and barley grown at the Rogue Farms in Oregon.
* Glen Ale, a special vintage keg named for and brewed in tribute to Glen Falconer (www.glenfalconerfoundation.org)
* Rogue Imperial Porter, served cask conditioned from a firkin.
* John John Juniper Pale Ale, a special release of Rogue Juniper Pale Ale, aged in Rogue Spirits Spruce Gin casks.
* Somer Orange Honey Ale, brewed with Oregon Wildflower Honey, chamomile, barley, wheat, oats, coriander and orange peel.
* Dead Guy Ale, quintessentially Rogue, based on a German-style Maibock and brewed with John’s proprietary Pacman Ale yeast.
300 Yaquina Bay Oysters were shipped to Happy Gnome from the Oregon Oyster Farm, located up the bay from Rogue Ales’ brewery in Newport. The bivalves will be served on the half-shell.
John Maier is a lifetime member of the American Homebrewers Association and was Homebrewer of the Year in 1988.
He will be attending the National Homebrewers Conference in Minneapolis. Rogue Ales is the sponsor of the Banquet Awards Dinner at NHC.
The Happy Gnome is located at 498 Selby Ave, in the Cathedral Hill Neighborhood of St. Paul, MN.
Join us for the Journey!