Summit’s Belgian Abbey Ale release is just around the corner, and the brewery has some great events lined up with brewer Nate Siats. Nate was also responsible for #5 in the Unchained Series, Imperial Pumpkin Porter. For this beer, Siats was able to hone the recipe on Summit’s new pilot brewery, brewing two batches. The final recipe includes Weyerman Abbey malts, and 5000+ pounds of Belgian candi sugar. Can you imagine what 5000 lbs. of candi sugar looks like? From Siats, “For my second Unchained beer, I really wanted to create something I was unfamiliar with, using complex flavors I had never tasted in a malt before. This beer is the perfect example of what Summit’s Unchained Series is all about – being inventive and trying new styles.”
- Abbey Ale Firkin – Saturday, July 21: Tiffany’s in St. Paul, 4:30pm
- Summit DJs and $2.50 pints – Monday, July 23: Grumpy’s NE, 6-9pm
- Firkin Friday – Friday, July 27: Grumpy’s in Roseville, 4-5:30pm
- Bocce with the Brewer and $3.50 pints – Friday, July 27: Village Pub in St. Anthony, 6-8pm
- Cask Ale Night – Friday, July 27: 331 Club in Minneapolis, 9-11pm
Are these the only events for it?
This is the first round of events from Summit w/ unchained #10 brewer Nate Siats. I’d guess there might be more events announced in the next week or so.
Comments are closed.