This year’s Surly Darkness Day is Saturday, October 27, from 11am–6pm. Obviously if you’d like to get your hands on a bottle (or six) of Darkness, it’s advised that you get in line early. What time? It’s difficult to say, and as this event gets more popular. How about early o’clock? Not to rub it in, but for the first Darkness Day, we showed up around 9am and were near the front of the line. Don’t count on that this round!
…and of course there will be beer… and food, and music.
Expect some of the usual suspects as well as limited-release beers and casks. You can buy beer tokens for $4. Pours of cask beers & Darkness will be 8 oz. and everything else is 12 0z.
You will not go hungry unless you are broke… or stupid. Plan ahead. Chef Shack, Natedogs, Barrio, Groveland Confections, Caribou Coffee, and others will be serving throughout.
So you wanna buy a bottle (or six) of Darkness?
The Surly crew will hand out 1200 wristbands for bottle sales prior to the gates opening. If you get a wristband, you’ll be allowed to buy up to 6 bottles of Darkness. Bottles of Darkness are $18 each, (cash only). Extra bottles will be available for purchase later in the afternoon. Not everyone buys their allotted 6 bottles, so stick around if you want a bottle but weren’t one of the first 100 people in line… you may just get one…
[Aside from the golden rule in the beer world… don’t be a jerk. Oh, and for the love of all that is good in the world, don’t ]
- Must be 21+ to enter unless accompanied by parent. No tickets needed.
- DON’T SHOW UP BEFORE 3:30 on Friday! Surly has neighbors. Respect their employees and their space.
- Any tents/structures that are up during daylight hours will not be allowed.
- Volunteers will be helping with the line overnight. Please follow their direction as they can blackball you from the event if you don’t.
- As always, be safe and arrange a ride or take a taxi home.