Friday, August 23rd:
- Eat. Photograph. Snap. Enter The Heavy Table State Fair Photography context. While you’re at it, consult their site for all things food at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Check out the Minnesota Craft Brewers Exhibit in the Ag. Building.
- 3:00pm – Chris German from Brewer’s Supply Group. If you’ve consumed a beer in Minnesota, or really anywhere, for that matter, whether commercial or homebrew, there’s a good chance that a key ingredient, malt, came from BSG. Recommended!
- 6:00pm – Surly Brewing Co. Ever heard of ’em? I hear they make some good beer…
- Today’s State Fair scavenger hunt: Try to find a junior television reporter that’s been talked into doing something embarrassing. Bonus points if he/she is is in the vicinity of poop.
Today’s beer flights in Land of 10,000 Beers:
Summit Horizon Red Ale
Third Street Bitter Neighbor
Fulton Lonely Blonde
Third Street Rise To The Top
Lake Superior North Shore Wheat
Olvalde The Auroch’s Horn
Boom Island Hoodoo Dubbel
Surly Cynic Ale
Summit Oatmeal Stout
Lift Bridge Chesnut Hill
Brau Bros Bancreagie Peated Scotch Ale
To keep up to date with Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild events, speakers, flights and other fun things at the Fair, be sure to follow @mncraftbrew on Twitter and check out their Facebook page!